This is a fast growing industry with a high demand for workers. Child Care Workers need either a Certificate III or Diploma to meet government regulations for employment.
Child Care Workers provide care and supervision for children in residential homes and non-residential childcare centres. There are numerous job vacancies for this role, while the average weekly income in this industry is between $800 AUD and $1200 AUD (Job Outlook 2019).
provide care and supervision for children in residential homes and non-residential childcare centres.
A Certificate II or III, or at least 1 year of relevant experience, is usually needed to work in this job. Sometimes experience or on-the-job training is needed in addition to a qualification. For Child Care Workers, either a Certificate III or Diploma is required to meet Government regulations. Registration or licensing may be required and additional certificates may also be necessary.
$800 - Weekly Pay
156,300 workers - Employment Size
Very strong - Future Growth
Lower skill - Skill level rating
- assisting in the preparation of materials and equipment for children's education and recreational activities
- managing children's behaviour and guiding children's social development
- preparing and conducting activities for children
- entertaining children by reading and playing games
- supervising children in recreational activities
- supervising the daily routine of children
- supervising the hygiene of children